Call them Mivvi lips – the idea is that you look as if you’ve enjoyed a really good lolly. These cheeky gloss lips were all over the SS18 catwalks, from Dolce Gabbana’s cherry-juice shades to high-shine fuchsia at Chanel, and perky raspberry pink at Philosophy di Lorenzo Serafini. If you don’t have the weather for an authentically lollipop-stained lip, dab a slick of balm over your pinkest lip stain.
Get the look
1. Gloss d’Enfer in Red Pow £24, guerlain.com
2. Lustre Lipstick in Cockney £17.50, maccosmetics.co.uk
3. Shine Lip Liquid in Cherry Gum £6, thebodyshop.com
4. Beautiful Colour Liquid Lip Gloss in Peach £18, elizabetharden.co.uk
5. Lano Tinted Balm in Red Apple £7.99, lookfantastic.com
6. Lip Lacquer in Stolen Cherry £40, tomford.co.uk
7. Chantecaille Lip Sleek in Orchid £32, harveynichols.com
8. Lime Crime Wet Cherry Lip Gloss in Diet Cherry £16, selfridges.com
9. Givenchy Gloss Interdit Vinyl No.12 £23.50, debenhams.com
10. Lipstick Queen Reign Shine in Monarch of Merlot £16.20, johnlewis.com
11. Scandal Lip Gloss £20, narscosmetics.co.uk
Jo Malone London’s Queen of Pop Collection is curated by Poppy Delevingne and includes the most delightful bubble bath. Soak in Velvet Rose Oud, then slather yourself in Tuberose Angelica Body Crème.
Deciem’s first product from new skincare range Abnomaly is here. Petrowhat? is a lip and skin ointment with ‘very complicated plant stuff’. It replaces petrolatum with an army of cruelty-free, vegan, plant-based ingredients and natural flavours.
Thinx, the period-proof underwear, is coming to the UK – it launches in Selfridges next week. It is a proper alternative to tampons and pads, with a variety of designs using a special four-layer technology holding up to two tampons’ worth. Bloody good idea, we say.
Email Eva at email@example.com follow her on Twitter@EvaWiseman