At Carolina Herrera, smoky shadow in midnight blue brought a touch of disco glamour to the traditional evening eye. While charcoal or black suggests gothic moody sexiness, the update of blue adds something new, more optimistic, more, dare we say, fun? But get your mind out of Pat Butcher’s make-up bag – this is an altogether darker, more dramatic look, one which requires a bit of swagger.
Get the look
1. Nars Matte Eyeshadow in China Blue £19, narscosmetics.co.uk
2. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Sapphire £23, cultbeauty.co.uk
3. Guerlain Palette in Après L’Ondée £44.50, harrods.com
4. Christian Louboutin Eye Colour £38, selfridges.com
5. Yves Saint Laurent Faux Cils Mascara in Deep Night £26, harveynichols.com
6. Sisley Phyto-Eye Twist in Marine £32.50, net-a-porter.com
7. Trish McEvoy Eye Definer in Arabian Nights £12, libertylondon.com
8. Estée Lauder Shadow Stick in Indigo Smoke £19, esteelauder.co.uk
9. Armani Beauty Eye Tint in Obsidian £30, debenhams.com
10. Kevyn Aucoin Eye Definer in Cadence £26, spacenk.com
11. Chanel Multi-Effect Quadra Eyeshadow in Tisse Jazz £44, chanel.com
Easy and clean
A pleasing development in the nail varnish-removing game: Nailfix Chill, an acetone-free nail polish eraser cream. Squeeze it on (ideally while watching telly), leave for a minute, then wipe off. £12.95, thisisbeauty mart.com.
Eos Crystal is a multi-use, crystal clear balm set to save your skin this winter. It’s also a vegan, 100% wax-free formula – and will pep up your Instagram game at the same time. £6.99, boots.com.
This season’s most divisive hair trend was described by the stylist that created it as, er… ‘sweaty, greasy and a little bit dirty’. At Richard Malone, hairstylist Gareth Bromell said he was inspired by ‘a London girl who’s just been for a run in the height of summer.’ Get the look, if you dare.
Email Eva at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow her on Twitter @EvaWiseman
This article contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a reader clicks through and makes a purchase. All our journalism is independent and is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.
The links are powered by Skimlinks. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that Skimlinks cookies will be set. More information.