Without going full Bond girl, this season you can afford to splash around a bit of gold. Fenty girls wore it on the catwalk in slashes across their cheekbones, the ultimate sunset glow; at Chanel it was a more gentle sheen. Whether you go for a bronzer to mimic the last of the summer tans, dab it on in drops, puff on powder or smudge it from a glistening stick, make sure you blend like crazy and stick to muted shades where possible. As autumn approaches, it’s worth going for gold.
Get the look
1. Spotlight Palette in Gold £26, smashbox.co.uk
2. Guerlain Terracotta Summer Glow Highlighter £37, selfridges.com
3. Sun Beam £22, benefitcosmetics.com
4. Christian Louboutin Goldomania Loubilaque £65, harrods.com
5. Stila Heaven’s Hue Highlighter £28, cultbeauty.co.uk
6. Design Makeup Chubby Highlighter Stick in Tenacious £9, asos.com
7. Glow For It Illuminator Drops £7.99, modelsownit.com
8. Highlighting Powder in Fort De France £28, narscosmetics.co.uk
9. Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter in Trophy Wife £26, harveynichols.com
10. Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Skin Liquid Lighting £42, spacenk.com
11. Maybelline FaceStudio Chrome Extreme Highlighter £8.99, boots.com
The simplest hair update from New York Fashion week? A scrunchie. Hair accessories were everywhere, from clips to turbans – Tom Ford models wore silky head wraps tied at the nape of the neck, Kate Spade’s and Derek Lam’s wore scarves in a neat bow under the chin.
Still straightening your hair? You could do worse than invest in the world’s first ‘smart straightener’ ghd’s Platinum+, which responds to your hair, and controls heat, with smooth results after a single stroke. £175, ghdhair.com.
Line of beauty
Gucci has launched a new Instagram account (@guccibeauty) for its beauty line dedicated to Alessandro Michele’s ‘vision of beauty’. Rather than flat product pics, expect art, including ancient portraits of imposing women, and analysis of beauty.
Email Eva at email@example.com or follow her on Twitter @EvaWiseman
This article contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a reader clicks through and makes a purchase. All our journalism is independent and is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.
The links are powered by Skimlinks. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that Skimlinks cookies will be set. More information.