At the Maison Margiela show, Pat McGrath painted models with bare, glossy faces, and super-matt fuchsia lips. When you looked closely, the lips revealed themselves to be two hearts, flipped on their sides. It’s a pop art moment and a statement look, but one that’s subtle enough that it shouldn’t be too scary for you to try it out this Friday night.
Get the look
1. Nars Powermatte Lip Pigment in Get Up Stand Up £23, fabled.com
2. Lipstick Queen Velvet Rope in Private Party £35, spacenk.com
3. Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire Lip Colour’Ink in Creative £23, debenhams.com
4. Nudes collection in Dark Pink £1.50, primark.com
5. Huda Beauty Liquid Matte in Video Star £18, cultbeauty.com
6. Lip Color in Electric Pink £40, tomford.co.uk
7. Velour Extreme Matte Lipstick in Havana £21, lauramercier.com
8. DG Matte Lipstick in Dolce Orchid £30, harrods.com
9. Always On Matte Lipstick in Bright Pink £19, smashbox.co.uk
10. Fenty Beauty Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick in Candy Venom £16, harveynichols.com
This June the VA in London will exhibit a collection of Frida Kahlo’s paintings and possessions. As well as her prosthetic leg and plaster corsets, visitors will see her favourite lipstick: Everything’s Rosy by Revlon, and the ebony pencil she used to control her famous eyebrows.
As winter melts, thoughts turn to spring cleaning. An excellent selection of cleansers is appearing, from Cocunat’s cruelty-free micellar water for sensitive skin to Caudalié’s Cleansing Collection, with four different textures.
Deciem, the company behind The Ordinary, which we adore for its transparency and affordability, is launching a fragrance brand called Avestan. Expect an eau de parfum, candles, hair and body products (including shampoo and bubble bath) – and, most excitingly, a “fragrance for paper” (avestan.com).
Email Eva at email@example.com follow her on Twitter @EvaWiseman