Wide slashes of pointed eyeshadow winged from the eyes of models at Burberry’s SS19 shows, which would have looked terribly dramatic were they not in gentle shades of bronze and taupe. Beige, for so long the safe option, whether on pale eyeshadow or living-room sofa, has turned edgy this season, with typically nude and subtle colours being used in ever less conventional ways. Punk has grown up.
Get the look
1. Clarins Ombre Matte Cream in Taupe £19, clarins.co.uk
2. Chantecaille Eye Shadow £19.50, spacenk.com
3. Nars Blondie Single Eyeshadow £16, debenhams.com
4. Asos Design Eye Gloss in Chestnut £7, asos.com
5. Yves Saint Laurent Full Metal Shadow The Mats in Velvet Beige £23, harveynichols.com
6. Tom Ford Eye Colour Quad in Cocoa Mirage £68, net-a-porter.com
7. Christian Louboutin Tape a L’Oeil Nude Eye Colour in Daria £38, harrods.com
8. Chanel Ombre Premiere Crème in Platine Bronze £26, chanel.com
9. Guerlain Palette 5 Couleurs in Tonka Imperiale £44.50, johnlewis.com
10. The Quick Flick in Hot Fudge £19.53, thequickflick.com
With a scented candle you can close your eyes and imagine you’re somewhere else – a pine forest, a rose garden. Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle has gone one better, with the scent of a ‘Country Home’. £60, fredericmalle.co.uk
Lush has opened its first ‘naked’ shop in the UK, a packaging-free store in Manchester. Expect solid shampoo bars and bath melts with new innovations in plastic-free skincare as well as ‘bottles’ of shower gel, which lather on contact with water.
Spill the Milk
Milk, the bestselling vegan, cruelty-free, inclusive make-up brand that has been making waves in the US is coming to the UK and launches on the website CultBeauty tomorrow. Start with its Kush high-volume mascara, blur stick primer and blur liquid matte foundation.
Email Eva at email@example.com or follow her on Twitter@EvaWiseman
This article contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a reader clicks through and makes a purchase. All our journalism is independent and is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.
The links are powered by Skimlinks. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that Skimlinks cookies will be set. More information.