Worn with taupe eyeshadow and creamy skin, the most memorable lip from the Bottega Veneta show was not a wild fuchsia or bold red, instead, a brownish berry shade, in uncompromising matte. Here is a 1990s look, but polished to within an inch of its life. Think corporate takeover, think lawyer on a lunch date, think boss in a cold climate. And exfoliate first.
Get the look
1. Shiseido ModernMatte Powder Lipstick £25, feelunique.com
2. Fenty Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick in PMS £16, harveynichols.com
3. Guerlain Rouge G lipstick in 555 £22.05, johnlewis.com
4. Sisley Phyto Rouge lipstick in Rose Granada £38, libertylondon.com
5. Chantecaille Lip Veil in Elderberry £38, spacenk.com
6. Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Crème Lipstick in Miss Scarlett £25, net-a-porter.com
7. Tom Ford Lip Color in So Vain £40, tomford.com
8. Armani Beauty Rouge D’Armani Matte Lipstick in 200 £30, harrods.com
9. Lime Crime Velvetines Lip Liner in Fangs £14.50, selfridges.com
10. Asos High Shine Liquid Lipstickin Fickle £6, asos.com
L’Occitane has launched a ‘solidarity candle’, with all profits going towards helping prevent avoidable blindness in children in developing countries. The brand’s labels are also printed in braille. £9, loccitane.com
The VA’s Frida Kahlo: Making Her Self Up exhibition has been so popular it has been extended to 18 November – and to coincide with the Day of the Dead, 2 November, there will be a special 48-hour opening of the exhibition (vam.ac.uk)
Suzanne Duckett’s book Bathe, out on 8 November (£16.99), celebrates the simple bath. As well as providing a concise history of bathing, it features ‘power bath recipes’ (how to fight a cold, as well as de-stress and, umm, wash?) Buy it for £14.61 at guardianbookshop.com
Email Eva at email@example.com or follow her on Twitter @EvaWiseman
This article contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a reader clicks through and makes a purchase. All our journalism is independent and is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.
The links are powered by Skimlinks. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that Skimlinks cookies will be set. More information.